2016 7th Round Pick - Preston Palmeiro - 1B - North Carolina State

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Preston Palmeiro has the bloodlines, that's for sure. Rafael's son has improved every year at NC State, hitting .326/.401/.519, with a 22/33 BB/K ratio this year. I'm not sure he has enough power to play first base in pro ball, and will likely be given a shot to stick at third base in the pros."

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2016/6/1/11827950/2016-mlb-draft-top-prospects-first-base-benson-craig-fisher-dalbec

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

"Preston Palmeiro has the bloodlines, that's for sure. Rafael's son has improved every year at NC State, hitting .326/.401/.519, with a 22/33 BB/K ratio this year. I'm not sure he has enough power to play first base in pro ball, and will likely be given a shot to stick at third base in the pros."

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2016/6/1/11827950/2016-mlb-draft-top-prospects-first-base-benson-craig-fisher-dalbec

I hear there are ways of addressing that issue...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I appreciate that he’s not flipping coins, and I know he has a reason for what he does, but a lot of the time, his reasoning is objectively bad. And that’s not really a source of debate. Just like Buck had a reason for saving Britton…but it was a really bad reason. any opinion, by definition, is debatable. A individual decision can be objectively good or bad whether or not it actually succeeds. Overall, most of the time we can give him the benefit of the doubt, but there have been lots of glaring bad decisions. I’ve mentioned Ned Yost. Even the folks at Royals review thought he was an idiot, but he had a splendid team that worked really well for a couple seasons.  
    • He's young and has a very boisterous personality. This funk literally started the day he was crowned player of the week. He's trying too hard and pressing to get back to / repeat that performance.  Another learning experience. Hopefully he locks in soon and levels that mentality out. I also think Jackson being sent down has probably made him feel pressured as well. They seemed to be pretty close. The culmination of those things just screams trying too hard to me 
    • Okay, I am going to lay into Cowser a bit here.  In the majors, a runner on 3B with less than two outs is advanced slightly more than half the time.  A runner on 2B with nobody out also is advanced a little more than half the time.   Cowser has had the most opportunities with a runner on 3B and less than two out of anyone on the team, and he’s 4 for 14 (28.6%) in those situations.  He’s also had the most opportunities with a runner on second and nobody out, and has advanced the runner only 3 times in 9 opportunities.   In RISP situations, he’s hitting .222/.250/.417.   In Late & Close situations, he’s hitting .095/.130/.238.  In high leverage situations, he’s hitting .048/.046/.095.    Honestly, right now he’s about the last guy I want to see up in an important situation.  And that’s ridiculous for a guy who’s hitting .250/.331/.500 overall.  He’s got to get his head screwed on straight when it matters most.    
    • As of the end of April, their RISP numbers were excellent.  But I’m not even talking about getting hits with RISP.  Right now they can’t even make productive outs.  
  • Popular Contributors